StackTech is a cross-government event that brings together technologists to discuss common issues and solutions. The fourth edition of StackTech will take place on 18 October in Westminster and the event is a great opportunity to network.
The theme of StackTech 4 is emerging technologies, cloud infrastructure and platforms. You’ll have a chance to:
- hear what other government organisations are working on
- contribute to or run an unconference session
- meet colleagues working in technology roles across government
Date, time and location
When: 18 October from 9:30am to 4pm
Where: Central Hall, Westminster, London
Who should attend
StackTech 4 is open to all technology practitioners, including civil servants and government contractors, from central government and the wider public sector.
It welcomes people from different fields including security operations, infrastructure, technical architects and data engineers, scientists and architects.
- 9:30am to 10am - Registration
- 10am to 10:15am - Welcome
- 10:15am to 10:45am - Keynote on technologies to keep an eye on by Michael Brunton-Spall
- 10:45 to 11am - Break and networking
- 11am to 12pm - Panel discussion on platforms across government departments (HMRC, Home Office, Ministry of Justice and Government Digital Service)
- 12pm to 12:45pm - Self-catered lunch
- 12:45pm - Unconference pitches and breakout sessions
- 4pm - Close
You’re free to come and go as you please. It’s fine to attend for half a day or even a few hours.
The afternoon unconference session will follow Open Space principles. You will have the chance to propose and run sessions or to contribute only. Those who suggest similar topics can combine their ideas into a single session.
Previous topics have included how to:
- build and benefit from a cross-government technology community
- avoid building a new generation of legacy systems
- make identity and single sign-on systems easy to use
- share code
- recruit technologists
- run successful cross-government services
- use cloud infrastructure effectively
- manage security in your build pipeline
How to sign up
You must reserve your place by signing up using Eventbrite.
We hope to see you at StackTech 4!